Friday, January 1, 2010

{ Beginning }

A new beginning awaits us at the turn of each new year.*
Resolutions are made, goals are set, the desire burns of new,
healthy habits to form.

This process requires us to be brutally honest with ourselves,
that is, if we expect honest results.

It's a lot about facing the nitty-gritty of our lives.
A beloved Institute teacher is quoted on the tablet of my heart:
"It is the nitty-gritty that will separate us in the final days."

It is all about the smallest decisions we make in our lives.

The simple choices we make 100 times a day, day after day.

Because, what we practice is, indeed, what we perfect... for better or for worse.

Spiritual Inventory.
Spiritual Inventory.

To not settle for good when the choice is no longer between good and bad, but good and better. The challenge to be not just who I envision myself to be,
but who I know my Heavenly Father expects of me to be.

This difference has made all the difference in my life.
And I am trying.

*The opportunity to start anew awaits us
in every moment of our lives.

It's never too late for a new beginning.