Thursday, October 28, 2010

{ Partner in Crime }

Photobucket
Almost every Friday afternoon in elementary school I wouldn't be able to sit still. I remember being in library for storytime on the carpet with my class. Once the story was finished the teacher asked us questions about the story. You know there's always that child who raises their hand and instead of an answer they tell you something totally off the wall out in left field. Well, that was me in this memory. I just had to tell the world that my cousin Melanie was coming to my house tonight to spend the entire weekend with me! We filled our time with pizza and cookies, cheerleading and dances, sneaking around the house in the middle of the night and coming up with various "mixtures" in our science lab of sorts {hahaha} We would pick the neighborhood's flowers from their gardens and then proceed to sell them back to them knocking on each of their doors. We'd save up our killing to spend at Pap and Mema's candy corner store and think we made it big. She was truly the sister of my childhood, I lived for the weekends she would come and stay with me. Today, I celebrate her on her birthday and I can't wait for our kids to share the relationship we had with each other. I wouldn't want them to miss out on not being able to sit still because they are filled to the brim with excitement. Or feeling like the world is at their fingertips because they had enough coins to buy some candy at the corner store together. Or having someone that they can share life with and laugh with and cry with and know that they will always have each other no matter what. You made childhood worth living, Girl.